April 13, 2016 – Radio Interview with Paul Bridgewater, President and CEO of Detroit Agency on Aging whose mission is to promote healthy agency and enhance the quality of life for older adults. This 13 minute interview covers:
- Why do you think Golden Girls was so appealing?
- The personal story that led Marianne to writing her guidebook, “Your Quest for Home: A Guidebook to Find the Ideal Community for Your Later Years“
- Why Marianne moved from California and chose Asheville, North Carolina
- What are some of the questions that help people define what they want in community?
- About Women for Living in Community and how it works
- What are other options for senior living for people in Detroit and elsewhere?
April 9, 2015 – Chronologically Gifted: Conversations on Life After 50 – a weekly radio program. Click here to listen (select the April 9th show under “Living Arrangements”)
May 2013 – NPR story, Boomer Housemates Have More Fun. Click here to read and listen
April 9, 2012 – Blog Talk Radio: Let’s Share Housing
April 27, 2012 – Blog Talk Radio: Alternative Housing and Living Choices: Living in Community
Retirement Life Matters celebrates the opportunities of life over 50 by creating a community for sharing tools, resources, and guidance to help the senior new to retirement make a new life. Downloadable transcript of the radio interview.
March 2, 2012 – Senior Housing Issues
This interview discusses the growing popularity of housing for seniors with Marianne Kilkenny – a house sharing advocate and practitioner, and founder of the “Women Living in Community Network” that started in Asheville, NC, and already spread to other states, including Florida.
February 4, 2011 – 2BoomerBabes Radio Hour
Listen to this informative 13-minute interview with Marianne Kilkenny by co-hosts Kathy Bernard and Barbara Kline on the radio program 2BoomerBabes Radio Hour.